We use carrots in our daily meals from day one, whether served in feta salad or carrot cake. There are plenty of benefits for humans within the carrot oil for hair growth—some of the potential benefits include; carrot oil is a powerful antioxidant for aging skin. It has effective antibacterial properties to help fight acne and moisturizes dry skin.
But the question that we are highlighting here is; what Is carrot oil for hair? Since there are no salons in the covid lockdown, people rely heavily on their hair treatment and organic home-based solutions.
Your diet is a crucial factor in your hair health, and how you put it into your hair externally and internally eventually determines its health and strength growth.
It is vital to give your hair an adequate supply of vitamins and minerals to prevent hair loss and breakage. It is now unchallenging to do using carrot oil for hair growth since it is full of nutrients.
CARROT OIL INGREDIENT: Essential oil with organic nutrients and vitamins.
MAIN ADVANTAGES: Relief of dandruff, promotes healthy growth, limits frizzy hair and split ends, thicker glossy hair, and restores moisture to the hair.
HAIR TYPE CONCERNS: Those guys who want shinier, smoother hair with potential hair growth.
PRECAUTIONS: Carrot oil can cause some allergic reactions, always do a patch test before using it.
HOW OFTEN WE CAN USE: We can use it once or twice a week for favorable outcomes.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Carrot Oil
There are loads of benefits that we can have after using carrot oil for hair growth, same as we discussed the ultimate use of onion juice for hair growth in our recent article.
Keep on scrolling and enjoy the useful benefits of using carrot oil for hair and how to use it.
1 . Promotes Stronger Hair Growth
Carrot oil treatment promotes stronger hair growth and hair nourishment with astonishing results by applying it in several ways. After a complete study about carrot oil, we found that beta-carotene (antioxidant) present in carrots can protect dry, brittle hair.
Our body mechanism turns beta-carotene into vitamin A which can aid hair cell growth and stimulate glands to produce sebum (natural hair oil).
Based on hearsay statements, carrot oil helps make hair roots stronger and stimulates thicker hair growth with a shinier outlook.
2 . Hair Texture Improvement
Many people utilize carrot oil because of its generous benefits in providing a stunning shine to hair and taming frizz. Carrot oil provides an extra layer of protection around hair that helps to bind split ends.
Conditioning hair using carrot oil improves hair’s texture and leaves it shinier than ever. Moreover, we can dilute carrot oil with essential oils like coconut and jojoba oil to restore shine and elasticity.
The essential vitamins in carrot oil protect hair cuticles from damage and work as a shield against chemical products, environmental pollution, and UV rays.
3 . Fights Against Dandruff And Dry Scalp
Carrot oil can infuse moisture to dry hair. It has antibacterial properties that fight against different types of fungus and bacteria that cause dandruff and dry, itchy scalp.
The carrot oil cleansing method assures your skin has hydrating and antimicrobial properties that help sweep off dead cells from your scalp, especially during the winter months.
Besides this, carrot oil is rich in vitamins A to E, which help hair stay moisturized and satisfies the deficiencies of B6-B12, which cause dry scalp and dandruff.
4 . It Can Reverse Premature Greying Hair
Premature greying hair (PGH) can hit us at some point in life, even before the 20s, because of oxidative damage. However, we can control it through several medications and natural ayurvedic ways.
There are several ways to restore hair pigmentation, but we have to know the reason for premature greying first. Carrot oil supports pigment-forming stem cells, which further stimulates melanin production.
Carrot oil holds upfront in treating grey hair and stops further hair from turning grey. Beta-carotene is a strong antioxidant present in carrot oil, and its anti-aging properties can reduce oxidative stress.
How To Make Carrot Oil For Hair Growth
In the current scenario of carrot oil, we must know the relative difference between carrot oil and carrot seed oil. Therefore, we are focusing on it one by one and how to extract both oils and their application.
We used to think that carrots typically come in orange color, but the fact is, there are a variety of colors that exists, such as yellow, purple, black, red, and white.
We must use carrot oil with other essential oils by applying it externally, and we can treat our hair with carrot oil not more than two times per week.
How To Extract Carrot Oil And Carrot Seed Oil
Carrot Oil Making
Use a grater to make small pieces of carrots and add them into a jar with a cover. We can add a carrier oil (Argan, Coconut, Shea butter) considering our hair condition and cover it after mixing properly.
Let the carrot oil mixture stays there for three to four weeks in a cool and dry place. Before using carrot oil, use a cheesecloth or strainer to discard the solids from the mixture.
You can use it to make your (DIY) natural hair mask, rinse, or deep conditioner. However, use the carrot oil within six to seven months.
Carrot Seed Oil Making
The process of making carrot seed oil is slightly different as compared to the carrot oil macerating process. Carrot seed oil is derived from steam distillation and cold-pressing processes in which seeds are pressed, and hot steam is forced through the material.
However, these processes are more time-consuming and a struggle for most people. You can buy a pre-made oil treatment from stores, or you make your (DIY) blend and apply it yourself at your own home.
It is also recommended to dilute the carrot seed oil by using a carrier oil before applying it to your scalp or skin. As with other essential oils, the oil from carrot seeds isn’t intended to be consumed directly.
Carrot Oil Treatments For Hair
We have come a long way in assisting our manly community with different treatments so that our readers can adept all the benefits after implementing them.
DIY Deep Conditioner
Things We Need
- Take around 2-4 tablespoons of coconut oil and heat it evenly.
- Add 3-4 drops of carrot oil to the coconut oil bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and mix 3 ingredients properly.
- Part your hair in sections and apply the paste from the scalp to the tips.
- Massage the oil precisely with fingers so that the scalp can absorb it.
- Cover your hair with a plastic bag and sit for 45-50 minutes.
- Rinse off using sulfate-free shampoo and use twice a week for the utmost result.
A combination of coconut oil and honey in carrot seed oil can deeply condition hair cuticles and turn damaged hair into silky, shiny hair with no frizz. The therapeutic properties of this deep conditioner will lock in moisture to the hair and lessen unwanted breakage.
Things We Need
- Take 2 cups of water and add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar/lemon to it.
- Add 3-4 drops of carrot seed oil to it and stir it properly.
- Wash your hair with a conditioning shampoo without sulfates.
- Shake the rinse and wash your hair again with the mixture.
- Massage it gently and leave the rinse for 5-7 minutes.
- Wash the rinse with cool water without using shampoo.
- Use twice a month for exceptional results.
Adding apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to carrot oil for hair growth proves effective in treating dandruff and restoring hair shine. This post-rinsing mixture is capable of defining curls and rebalancing scalp and hair pH levels.
Carrot Oil Moisturizer
Things We Need
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel in a fine bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to the gel.
- Now add 3-4 drops of carrot oil and mix all ingredients.
- Apply the moisturizer mixture to your scalp and hair.
- Let it absorb thoroughly into the scalp and hair follicles.
- Wait for 30-40 minutes and then rinse it with cold water.
- Use it twice a week for the best outcomes.
The combination of aloe vera gel and avocado oil will help nourish the scalp. Both carrot oil and aloe vera have anti-inflammatory properties that are soothing to scalp infections. This moisturizing treatment detangles hair if applied to the ends of the hair and prevents it from unwanted breakage.
Hot Carrot Oil Treatment
Things We Need
- Wash hair before hot oil treatment so the oil can deeply penetrate hair cuticles.
- Put shea butter oil in a bowl and microwave it till it turns warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon of almond oil and 3-4 drops of carrot seed oil to a bowl.
- Mix all ingredients and comb your hair to detangle the knots.
- Apply hot oil treatment to your hair and massage it gently into the scalp.
- Wrap your head completely in a steaming towel and enjoy the essence of hot oil.
- Wait for half an hour and then completely rinse the oil out of the hair.
- Use hot carrot oil treatment once a week for the potent result.
Hot carrot oil treatment in combination with shea butter and almond oil can stimulate hair growth. Other potential benefits of hot carrot oil treatments include—the increase in blood flow in the scalp, which helps promote hair strength.
Is There Any Potential Risk?
There are some potential threats and risks while using carrot oil for hair growth and other purposes. But these risks are not so alarming and toxic for the human body after using carrot oil in reasonable proportion.
- Before using carrot oil, do a patch test before applying carrier oil for preventing an allergic reaction.
- Using carrot oil too much on hair can make it greasy as it can attract dirt and pollution.
- People who have asthma should avoid using carrot oil because of its stimulating properties.
- Heavy intake of carrot seed oil can lead us to vomit and gag at the time.
- Overusing carrot oil on blonde hair or light-colored hair could possibly turn hair color to orange.
- Due to the small amount of myristicin in carrot oil, we could face giddiness and a psychotropic mind.