A guy with tangled hair is dumb with no patience when it comes to how to detangle natural hair for guys. The first thing that is crucial for us is to have patience when the hair struggle begins for detangling knotted ends without tearing and chopping them unconsciously.
Natural curls are no doubt elegant and more attractive for guys but when their hair tangles, there will be no more grace left, and rather guys may have disappointment for them.
For guys like long curly hair and messy deadlocks, the time required to detangle their hair will be more and difficulty will be average per experience.
Men bun’s with deadlocks are the major reasons for tangles and matted hair
What Causes Hair Tangling
Do you ever wonder why our hair tangles and what are the reasons that make them intertwine? It will be worse when hair is wholly damaged, and frizzy, it will cause excessive pain and breakage when someone unravels it.
Various factors affect our hairs and cause snarl because of undisciplined routines which lead us to undesirable tangle hair with damaged cuticles(outmost layer of hair).
1 – Heat Styling & Wind Blowing
Excessive heat and wind blowing for drying hair can damage your hair without any alert and cause serious consequences in the form of fried hair.
It requires a lot of effort to bring your locks back to their initial state–In this way, we have written a complete guide on “How to get rid of fried hair and its treatments”.
Recent studies show that a temperature of 60 degrees C is optimal since subsequent moisture take up at this temperature is comparatively more reluctant, and hair is less sensitive to surrounding humidity fluctuations.
After using heat styling dryers, we can have more possibility of damaging; thus chances of hair twists and intertwine are heavy.
2 – Sleeping Unwary
One of the major reasons for getting twisted and interlaced hair is due to sleeping postures and having unwary conditions while sleeping.
Our head rasping against the pillow can cause hair to tangle when we turn here and there in sleep. In addition, Cotton-made pillows are more problem-causing as compared to silk pillows.
Regarding this sleeping issue, we have recently added an article on How Men Should Protect And Tie Hair While Sleeping because hair protection is our first priority.
3 – Unwanted Products
Bleach and hair dye would be damaging for our natural hair due to constant interaction between hair and chemical products. Moreover, other damaging chemicals that are prohibited for healthy hair without twists are…
- Isopropyl Alcohol
These chemicals can cause dry and split ends, and as result, we drag ourselves toward deeply flawed hair tangles.
4 – No Brushing & Towel Rubbing
With no brushing and little brushing to your hair can cause more disorder and twists to your natural hair. One should brush hair properly from bottom to top because this way no breakage or less will happen.
Towel rubbing is harmful and damages hair because hair is in a fragile state when gets wet. Rubbing towels forcefully can cause hair fall and kinky hair, and tangled when gets dry.
There should be a routine for your hair care and healthy lifestyle. All you have to do is to protect your hair from pollution, dehydration, and dodge products, this will automatically detangle natural hair for guys.
Fast Ways To Detangle Natural Hair For Guys
No doubt in this world of related products and remedies we can easily overcome some troublesome circumstances that we are facing every day.
Every situation is holding a solution– in this way, we can have ready remedies and tricks to detangle hair fast and without further stress.
Use Products That Gives Slip
Cosmetic oils and slippery products like Aleo Vera, deep conditioners, and other lubricating products will give your hair slip after applying.
You can add humectants (moisturizing agents) like castor oil, honey, aloe vera juice, green tea, and vegetable glycerin. You can mix these ingredients with your shampoo to detangle your hair fast and quickly.
Moreover, adding neem oil to these above-mentioned ingredients can be helpful in giving valuable moisturization and strength to the hair follicles.
Always Gentle Dry With Towel
The best thing is to use your dry towel gently with no aggression, which will help out to squeeze water from your hair after a bath.
Don’t rub towels against your hair, this will cause breakage to your hair due to its grainy texture and dryness. Instead, The best sequence to avoid twists is to use both cloth drying and blow drying with cold air.
Use Wide Toothed Comb
Use a wide-toothed comb is the only way to go because of its large diameter and wide-angle tooth. Because it is more useful for damaged and tangled hair for guys.
A wide-angle comb is more preferable to use because of less rubbing with a more gentle outcome.
How to detangle Curly Hair Between Washes
Having curly hair for guys does mean that more energy is expected to take care of your hair. So propitious manly journey is not an easy option for guys with long curly hairs.
Going for a shower with tangled hair is a headache for guys with naturally curly hair. Still, the right procedure of shampooing and using conditioner for moisturizing and further grooming is mandatory.
Natural detanglers, as well as branded ones, are helpful for hair; use detanglers during a shower to prevent your hair from any breakage and pain. In addition, Avocado oil and olive oil can penetrate deep within your hair and hydrate it easier.
In the same way, neem oil can be very crucial in this matter because it can be helpful in strengthening hair follicles and lock them up.
Every oil has its own natural benefit and function, oil such as Argan (liquid gold) is the best and easiest solution because of its nature and penetration ability which is more than any other oils available. Apply it gently over the area, and it will make hair smoother and lighter than before.
Use your fingers to prevent twists during washes will help you to get rid of knots and locks gently by running your fingers from top to bottom. This process will decrease the number of intertwists.
How To Detangle Matted Black Hair
When guys with black hair get inspired by braids and deadlocks with additional extensions fixed for too long, they have matted hair at the end. Matted hair is a blend of both removed and linked hair in the form of severe tangles like a nest, Usually, tangles that are not removed are matted hair at some point.
- It is even possible to untwist matted hair with endurance and little effort in the right approach. There is no need to get panic and cut it off at some point, you have to be stable with no other option left.
- Fasten your fingers within matted hair slowly to avoid snarls and to unfix it somehow if possible. This will surely add some value to your issue, by providing some reach to untangle it.
- Soaking is the main essential point to get rid of tangles that matted, try to saturate hair with the appropriate amount of conditioner and slippery products for almost half an hour or more if you can. Use oils that give moisturization and greasy touch.
- Heat blow with oily products is helpful at this condition for snarled black hair. Now try to use a wide comb, and pulling apart without breaking it is the right way. Always divide hair into layers to make it look easier for detangling by using hair clips.
- Don’t try to pull off in the wrong way by greater force because it will be even worse for strands and matted hair. Be Patient while pulling off with a positive attitude is the perfect match that helps you out in fixing hair.
Pros & Cons To Detangle Hair
- Always make a loose ponytail and bun before sleep to avoid tangles
- Use wide-angle combs after drying your hair and avoid twists
- Try to avoid rough and tough use of towels for drying purpose
- Try to dry hair without heat dry and blow dry which causes more damage
- Use natural oils and detanglers regularly for fine hair
- Avoid bleaching your natural hair and excess use of hair dye
- Settle hair up before exercising to avoid hair snags
- Always use a combination of shampoo and conditioner
- Trim your hair every 12 weeks is more normal
- Don’t sleep with open and wet hair after a shower to avoid twists
- Fine tooth comb on thick hair and curly hair can lead to breakage
- Towel use is more damaging to fine hair because of its harshness and hard use
- Using blowdry and heat can cause frizzy and tangled hair with a rough texture
- Using too much oil can cause greasy and oily hair scalp
- Dye and bleach is harmful and causes hair burn and scalp issues
- Training with hair unfolded is not a healthy habit
- Using shampoo without conditioner can cause dry and frizzy hair
- No trimming can cause split ends and frizz