Before using all the onions for your meal, we must uphold the importance of onion juice for hair growth and making it a habit of using it daily.
Since it is among the most useful homemade remedies, people have been using it for ages for hair and skin purposes.
There are plenty of benefits and uses of onion juice for any hair type, and it is safe for us to use it. But if you’re not keen to use it because of its strong smell then don’t worry! We have some recipes in the form of diluting materials that can stop it from reeking.
Admittedly, the success made by onion juice regarding hair care has immense support by the people who believe in using union juice for theirs benefits.
Benefits Of Using Onion Juice For All Hair Types
It Can Reverse Greying Hair
It has been scientifically manifest that the presence and build-up of hydrogen peroxide in hair follicles cause oxidative greying in hair.
On the other hand, onion juice contains an antioxidant compound called catalase which helps reduce hydrogen peroxide that causes premature greying.
However, there is not too much evidence and scientifically proves that onion juice can reverse premature greying in young people.
Hydrogen Peroxide accumulation blocks the production of melanin pigment, which gives hair its color, so increasing catalase amount through onion juice can reverse unwanted aging.
It Can Treat Alopecia
In the United States, approximately 6.8 million people suffer from autoimmune disorders that result in unwanted hair loss at the early stage of life.
Usually, the treatment of areata alopecia is by anti-inflammatory drugs. In the same way, flavonoids compounds present in onions have anti-inflammatory properties, which can be an effective therapy for alopecia areata patches.
Onion can reinvigorate new follicles and boost hair growth due to the high amount of sulfur in it. This mineral will make more voluminous and fluffy hair with a glistening texture at any age.
It Can Prevent Dandruff
Dandruff is among the most frequent and embarrassing conditions that cause the skin to flake due to dry skin. Due to the sensitive hair products, fungus growth, and skin condition as eczema causes dandruff.
Guys can prevent dandruff by using onion juice because of its antibacterial properties that treat other infections related to the scalp.
Moreover, the rich sulfur properties of onion have an antimicrobial activity that can help eliminate dead scalp cells.
Adding lemon juice to onion can be highly effective in preventing dandruff and helps in balancing the pH level of the scalp.
It Can Treat Scalp Infection
The scalp can become infected due to bacteria and fungus that penetrate the scalp through hair follicles. Symptoms of scalp infection include irritation, redness, itching, and dandruff with flakes.
Collagen is a by-product of sulfur present in onion juice for hair, and it can be helpful in the production of skin cells and thick solid hair.
Many cosmetic products have sulfur that hinders dandruff production dandruff, so it is safe for us to treat scalp infections with affordable homemade remedies.
We can dilute onion juice with neem oil as it has effective antifungal and medical properties that can heal any type of scalp infection for guys.
It Can Cure Hair Thinning
Unlike heavy shedding hair that causes baldness, thinning hair refers to minor hair loss steadily. We can control hair thinning and make precise measurements according to the present condition.
According to the research held at the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), it is natural if guys lose 50 to 100 hairs every day.
Onion Juice is the readily available ingredient in almost every home kitchen, and undoubtedly, it is the most reliable available solution for thinning hair and its growth.
We can add onion juice to anti-thinning shampoo for promoting a healthier scalp and provides volume to hair, so it looks strong and thicker than before.
Onion Juice For Hair Regrowth Male Pattern Baldness
Due to hormonal changes and some side effects due to medications causes male pattern baldness. This condition is called androgenetic alopecia, which is familiar in the USA, and over time, the hairline forms ”M” shape characteristics due to receding.
In June 2002, a study was designed to test the effectiveness of onion juice for hair and its comparison with water. Two groups having both males and females patients suffering from alopecia areata.
The current study showed that those patients who applied onion juice twice a day have a higher growth rate than those who used tap water.
Nutrients present in onion juice of all colors are a good source of vitamin B6, vitamin C, folate, and sulfur. These nutrients can add strength to the hair follicles and prevents further breakage of hair.
As we already know how important the protein keratin is for overall hair growth and hair generation, the importance of sulfur in onion juice is higher as sulfur is the main component of keratin.
Application Of Onion Juice For Hair
The following steps can easily define the procedure of using onion juice for hair and how to make it at home effortlessly. In no time, you can buy it online and from the nearby market, but make sure it is fresh and preserved recently.
- Take two to three red onions and peel them off
- Chop them into small pieces as mince
- Use juicer or blender for extracting juice out of it
- Use cheesecloth for squeezing purposes if required
- Wash your hair before applying onion juice
- Apply onion juice thoroughly and massage it
- Apply on scalp, roots, and at the end of the hair
- Dilute it with essential oils like rosemary and castor oil
- Adding a little amount of lemon juice can hinders the onion smell
- Wash it with lukewarm water and then shampoo it
- Put in nourishing conditioner and serums for locking moisture
- Apply this process twice or thrice a week for a better outcome
Safety Precautions While Using Onion Juice
- Avoid the contact of onion juice to the naked eye because of its irritational properties, and it may cause excessive burning and redness. Rinsing it with cool water can help out in getting rid of burning and allergies.
- Adding a small amount of lemon juice or rose water to onion juice for hair can conceal the smell, and hair won’t smell like onions.
- If you have a sensitive scalp, you can’t keep it on over the night in the form of onion hair masks. If it causes excessive irritation to the scalp, then you should stop using it.
- A high amount of sulfur can cause scratching and irritation on the scalp. Due to irritation and continuous scratching on the scalp, the roots turn weakened, and hair becomes damage and breakable.
- As we know, there will be side effects after excessive use of something in an unconscious way. In the same way, the excess use of onion juice for hair can absorb natural oils from hair. Thus hair turns brittle, and it could lead to even more damage.
The Bottom Line For Guys
Whenever you’re free and want to repair your weekly tired hair with natural remedies at home, don’t forget to experience the essence of onion juice for hair care.
Try to add carrier oils and honey to onion juice to boost the outcomes in many ways.
We can use it indirectly by mixing it with daily shampoo to grab maximum advantages through it within no time.
Make a habit of consuming healthy food that is rich in beneficial nutrients and vitamins. Drink a lot of water daily to keep your hair hydrated and prevent many hair problems.